Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Novice Crafter"

Okay, so in my "About Me" blurb, one of the ways I described myself was as a "novice crafter." I have always loved crafting (thanks to my Mom), I'm just not so sure how good I am at it. I tend to perseverate on one thing for a period of time, get burnt out, and move on to something else. My biggest (and most expensive) crafting hobby by far is scrapbooking, but since C was born I have not had a whole lot of time to dedicate to this craft. I tend to make the online books for documentation and as gifts since it is a whole lot faster than traditional scrapbooking. But, I keep all of my supplies, materials, and photos in hopes that one day I will have time to "catch up." Ha! In the meantime, I really enjoy finding quick projects that I can make with materials I already have at home and that only take a day or two to complete. I rely on my blog hopping to find these fun little projects and tutorials. So without further ado, I will unveil my first "mini craft" that I found on this fun and fabulous blog. It was so simple to make and looks great on our mantel as a Halloween decoration. Of course, I like to involve C as much as possible and this was a great project for her to get involved with. She enjoyed "helping" me. Her help consisted mostly of tearing up tissue paper, but hey, she had tons of fun and that's all that matters. By the way, after I was finished, C said to me, "I really like your pumpkin faces Mommy, but I really only like that orange one, and that orange one, and that purple one. The white one and green one are scary." So honest!
Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Halloween crafts are the best! My favorite thing to do this time of year is go to Michaels and just look around at all the spooky stuff! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you while I was making these. I know how much you love Halloween! I wish you could be here to watch C go trick-or-treating!

    ReplyDelete