Monday, January 4, 2010

Water Transferring

Happy 2010! I'm back after a Christmas/ New Year's hiatus! I'm going to backtrack and post about a few activities from December. Another one of C's favorite Montessori "tivities" is playing with water. Add a little food coloring into the mix and you're guaranteed a good time!
Here she is engaged in a water transferring activity that I set up for her.
I used a silver tray, two small pitchers (99 cents each at the thrift store), and a small funnel. Simple, yet so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. Erica,
    I am so excited you have a blog! I look up to you so much in all that you do and excited to receive inspiration and wisdom on mothering through you experiences! I am trying to provide more nutritious food for my family. Can you post some different snacks, meal ideas for children and families?

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing....I am so excited to learn more about Montessori activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kim! You're so sweet. I hope you know how much admiration and respect I have for you! You are such an inspiration to me and my journey through motherhood and my faith. I will gladly post about some food ideas in the future. . . check out my muffin tin Monday posts. It's a simple and super easy idea and it has been my biggest success so far in getting C to try various (healthy) foods. I've found that presentation is key!

    ReplyDelete